Teachers Aides, as they used to be called, provide assistance and support to teachers and students in a range of different settings including, public, independent and specialist schools. Certificate III is considered to be an introduction to education support.
- Contribute to the health and safety of children
- Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- Comply with school administrative requirements
- Contribute to organisation and management of classroom or centre
- Work effectively with students and colleagues
- Support the behaviour of children and young people
- Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
- Assist implementation of planned educational programs
- Facilitate the empowerment of people with a disability
- Support learning for students with disabilities in a classroom environment
- Support students with additional needs in the classroom environment
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Work with diverse people
- Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- Support the development of literacy and oral language skills
- Support the development of numeracy skills
On completion of the qualification you may seek employment in the following areas:
- Education Support
- Education Assistant
- Teachers Aide
- Numeracy and/or Literacy Aide
- Home Tutor
- Support Worker (Children with Disabilities).
It is a requirement of this qualification to undertake a minimum of 100 hours of work placement in an employed or volunteer capacity.
For a snapshot of our next scheduled classes please refer to the table below.