If you’re the type of person that finds it hard to wind down, try these tips so that you can actually relax on holiday.
- Get out into nature. Try somewhere peaceful and calming like the beach or the bush for a real dose of relaxation.
- Allow time for doing nothing. It’s tempting to try and squeeze in as much as possible during your time off. Sometimes though over-scheduling makes you feel like you need a holiday after your holiday!
- Stay in the moment. Take time to enjoy your holidays so you can enjoy the time away from work.
- Take naps. Maybe a siesta each day is just what you need…
- Spend time with your family and friends. Having time off work can give you time for conversations, sharing meals, playing board games etc. This helps you to build your relationships with time and activities that may be harder to fit in during the working weeks.
- Be flexible. Try to “go with the flow” if things don’t go to plan on your holiday. Adjusting your expectations can be refreshing if you’re used to feeling stressed when things change unexpectedly.
- Make time for you. Even if you’re on holiday with others, make some time to do what makes you feel good each day. Perhaps its a walk, reading in the quiet of the morning or having a massage…
- Practice mindfulness. Download an app and do a mindfulness exercise each day. You might be surprised at the difference it makes and may even decide to make it a habit.
- Unplug and take an email and social media break. Try it for a day, several days or a week and observe how you feel….
- Live within your budget. It’s hard to relax if you overspend and are worrying about money.
If you get back from holidays inspired to take the next step in your career, call our Course Advisors for more information about our nationally accredited courses on 1300 275 282.