Classroom / Workplace
Are you a positive upbeat person with a passion for shaping the lives of children aged 0-5 years?
This entry level qualification will not only provide you with a working knowledge of organisational policies, procedures, national regulations and standards, but also introduce you to the process of planning and documenting a child’s learning and development.
There are no pre-requisites for entry into this qualification, however you will be required to complete an LLN test prior to enrolment for entry into this qualification, which will determine your suitability for this course. You must be employed in a relevant position OR will need to arrange a suitable practical placement, working or volunteering to fulfil the practical placement hours listed (120 – 240 hours). Should the you be using current employment as evidence of mandatory placement hours, the role must have access to all age ranges 0-5yrs, otherwise you may need to seek additional placement hours. Prior to enrolling into this qualification you will be required to have a current WWCC.
- Ensure the health and safety of children
- Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- Provide care for children
- Provide care for babies and toddlers
- Work legally and ethically
- Participate in workplace health and safety
- Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- Support behavior of children and young people
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- Develop cultural competence
- Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
- Support children to connect with their world
- Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- Use information about children to inform practice
- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
Vocational outcomes available to graduates of this qualification include:
- Early Childhood Educator (Assistant)
- Outside School Hours Assistant
- Kindergarten/ Preschool Assistant
Career Support: Download/View our latest blog here
For a snapshot of our next scheduled classes please refer to the table below.
|Day and time:||TBA|