Classroom / Workplace
Are you a positive upbeat person with a passion for shaping the lives of children aged 0-5 years?
This entry level qualification will not only provide you with a working knowledge of organisational policies, procedures, national regulations and standards, but also introduce you to the process of planning and documenting a child’s learning and development.
It is a requirement of this qualification to undertake 120-240 hours of practical placement in an employed or volunteer capacity.
- Ensure the health and safety of children
- Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- Provide care for children
- Provide care for babies and toddlers
- Work legally and ethically
- Participate in workplace health and safety
- Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- Support behavior of children and young people
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- Develop cultural competence
- Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
- Support children to connect with their world
- Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- Use information about children to inform practice
- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
Vocational outcomes available to graduates of this qualification include:
- Early Childhood Educator (Assistant)
- Outside School Hours Assistant
- Kindergarten/ Preschool Assistant
Career Support: Download/View our latest blog here
For a snapshot of our next scheduled classes please refer to the table below.
|Day and time:||TBA|