Teachers Aides, as they used to be called, provide assistance and support to teachers and students in a range of different settings including, public, independent and specialist schools. Certificate III is considered to be an introduction to education support.
There is no pre-requisities for entry into this qualification, however you will be required to complete an LLN test prior to enrolment for entry into this qualification, which will determine your suitability for this course. You will also be required to complete 100 hours of practical placement within a school environment, this can include primary, secondary, VCAL Programs, Specialist Schools or Kindergartens where there is a child attending that has an additional need. You will also need to obtain a WWCC prior to enrolling into this qualification. If you are currently employed in a school environment you may use this workplace as your mandatory 100 hours, however we will need to have a letter from your employer stating this, otherwise additional placement may be required
- Contribute to the health and safety of children
- Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- Comply with school administrative requirements
- Contribute to organisation and management of classroom or centre
- Work effectively with students and colleagues
- Support the behaviour of children and young people
- Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
- Assist implementation of planned educational programs
- Facilitate the empowerment of people with a disability
- Support learning for students with disabilities in a classroom environment
- Support students with additional needs in the classroom environment
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Work with diverse people
- Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- Support the development of literacy and oral language skills
- Support the development of numeracy skills
On completion of the qualification you may seek employment in the following areas:
- Education Support
- Education Assistant
- Teachers Aide
- Numeracy and/or Literacy Aide
- Home Tutor
- Support Worker (Children with Disabilities).
It is a requirement of this qualification to undertake a minimum of 100 hours of work placement in an employed or volunteer capacity.
For a snapshot of our next scheduled classes please refer to the table below.