If you are passionate about empowering people with a disability and looking for an entry level qualification into the industry, then CHC43115 – Certificate IV in Disability has got you covered.
This course will not only provide you with the skills and knowledge required to support people with disabilities, it will also supply you with the capacity to enhance their ability to achieve greater levels of independence, self reliance and social participation.
It is a requirement of this qualification to undertake a minimum of 120 hours of practical placement in an employed or volunteer capacity.
- Work with diverse people
- Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- Manage legal and ethical compliance
- Provide individualised support
- Respond to suspected abuse
- Support relationships with carers and families
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Develop and provide person-centred service responses
- Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
- Communicate using augmentative and alternative communication strategies
- Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach
- Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
On completion of this qualification students will be able to work in a variety of disability and community care organisations as:
- An adult training services worker
- A disability support officer
- An advocate
- A residential care officer
- A recreational services officer
- An integration aide
It is a requirement of this qualification to undertake a minimum of 120 hours of work placement in an employed or volunteer capacity.
For a snapshot of our next scheduled classes please refer to the table below.
|Day and time:||Monday 9.30am – 2.30pm|