For a career in education support you should be passionate about improving learning outcomes for young students who experience learning difficulties and be able to work with a diversity of people.
Teachers Aides, as they used to be called, provide assistance and support to teachers and students in a range of different settings including, public, independent and specialist schools. They support flexible learning and the implementation of responsible behaviour as well as deliver elements of teaching and learning programs.
It is a requirement of this qualification to undertake a minimum of 100 hours of practical placement in an employed or volunteer capacity.
- Participate in work health and safety
- Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- Assist in facilitation of student learning
- Support flexible learning in an education environment
- Support the behaviour of children and young people
- Support learning and implementation of responsible behaviour
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Support students literacy learning
- Work with students in need of additional support
- Facilitate learning for students and disabilities
- Work with diverse people
- Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- Assist in production of language resources
- Provide support to students with autism spectrum disorder
- Deliver elements of teaching and learning programs
On completion of the qualification you may seek employment in the following areas:
- As an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Education Officer
- An Indigenous language and culture teaching assistant
- An Education assistant
- A Language worker
- An Education assistant (special needs)
You may also seek work as:
- A Literacy worker
- An Education support worker
- A Support worker (children with disabilities)
- An Education worker
- A Teacher aide
- A Home tutor
- A Teaching assistant
- A Homeland teaching assistant
It is a requirement of this qualification to undertake a minimum of 100 hours of work placement in an employed or volunteer capacity.
For a snapshot of our next scheduled classes please refer to the table below.
|Day and time:||TBA|