Classroom / Workplace (Corporate)
Are you passionate about the social, physical and emotional well-being
of the aged and disabled?
This qualification has been designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge you will need to assess the human behaviour of those requiring support, and to implement the most appropriate leisure activities or programs. Working to increase ‘quality of life’ for those with conditions that make it harder for them to join in on certain things, this qualification has the power to produce positive outcomes for the entire community.
There are no pre-requisites for entry into this qualification,, however you will be required to complete an LLN test prior to enrolment for entry into this qualification, which will determine your suitability for this course. This course will enable you to participate in the design, implementation and evaluation of leisure, health activities and programs for clients in one or more sector areas. You may be in residential facilities and/or in community agencies and day centres, completing specialised tasks and functions in relation to leisure and health. You must be working OR volunteering in a suitable workplace to undertake the required mandatory 120 workplace hours. If you are currently employed in this industry we will require a letter from your employer on your current employment status.
- Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- Provide individualised support
- Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- Work with diverse people
- Work effectively in the leisure and health industries
- Contribute to leisure and health programming
- Plan and conduct recreation programs for older persons
- Use communication to build relationships
- Confirm physical health status
- Participate in the planning, implementation and monitoring of individual leisure and health programs
- Participate in planning leisure and health programs for clients with complex needs
- Incorporate lifespan development and sociological concepts into leisure and health programming
- Support community participation and social inclusion
- Support relationships with carers and families
On completion of this qualifi cation students will be able to work either within a defi ned organisation or as a sole practitioner. The range of occupations available to these students include;
- Activities Coordinator
- Community Leisure Coordinator
- Diversional Therapist
- Leisure Services Coordinator
- Leisure and Health Coordinator
- Lifestyle Coordinator
For a snapshot of our next scheduled classes please refer to the table below.
|Day & Time:||Thursday 9:30am – 2.30pm|