A practical placement is an important component of your course and allows you to prepare for the workplace by applying what you have learned in your course to the work environment. It involves more than just observing what is happening in the host workplace as you will have specific activities to undertake while on the placement. Your trainer will tell you what you will need to complete to successfully complete the placement.
You have the opportunity to:
- apply knowledge learned during your course in the workplace;
- gain skills that are recognised by industry;
- get to know employers’ expectations;
- increase your employment options and employability skills; and
- make contact with employers.